As much as I love chocolate, it just doesn’t seem to love me back. That’s why. this Easter, I’m being kind to my skin by putting chocolate on my face, instead of in my mouth!
You can buy chocolate face treatments from many spas and beauty suppliers, but it’s much cheaper and more entertaining to make your own at home. The consistency of this homemade treatment is light and the formula works wonders on my skin, leaving it feeling soft and well cared for. And the best bit? The chocolate face mask smells good enough to eat!
Here is how you can make it yourself at home!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
What you will need:
- A pan
- A glass bowl/ measuring jug
- A mixing bowl
- Table spoons
- A container to store the finished product
- 25g good quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 table spoon of almond oil
- 1 table spoon of honey
- Fill the pan half full with water and set the glass bowl inside. Place on a medium heat to warm the water.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, placing the fragments into the bowl. Stir until melted.
- Separate an egg yolk and whisk it in a bowl.
- Add the oil, honey and finally the chocolate to the bowl.
- Place the face mask in a empty container.
- Apply the treatment and wash your face clean 15 minutes later. Your skin will be left feeling pampered and, best of all, it will smell of dark chocolate!
I hope that you enjoyed my post and I’d love to hear about your chocolatey Easter creations!
Until next time,
(Blog supported by Soap & Glory)